When a primary school asked us to help them with their network, we couldn't believe what we found.... it was literally 'shocking'.

A network cabinet in a classroom gave anyone who touched it an electric shock.  The cause?  The cabinet had not been correctly fitted to the wall and had chafed through a mains cable.  Anyone touching the cabinet completed the circuit and received an electric shock. Admittedly, the cabinet was mounted high on the wall but was still accessible to a curious pupil.

We found similar issues in another primary school. A network switch had been "mounted" on the floor and coils of network cables and mains cables had been assembled in a nest-like formation around it. The "technician" who had thought this to be satisfactory had thoughtfully made a laminated sign an placed it on top of the nest advising anyone that "Handbags or Feet Should Not Be Placed Here"...

In the first case, we embarked on a project to replace the whole IT infrastructure and provide support to transition from a poorly structured network to a segmented and secure network that protects pupils and staff alike. Due to the large scale of the project, the deployment was required to be phased in over a number of terms in order to minimise disruption to teaching.  A challenging and often demanding task which is progressing well.

 

Call Us Now

Technical Support
01673 895100

Customer Services
01673 895101

New Customers
01673 898001